The Cold Within
Exercise Set 1
The Cold Within MCQ Questions
1. In this poem the word 'cold' is also refers to the
love of each individual
cold hearts of each individual
selflessness of each individual
food which they are eating at that time
2. What had the first person noticed ?
a poor man in tattered clothes
a husband man
the log of wood
a person sitting around the dying fire was a black man.
3. What was the rich man thinking all the while ?
He thought about the wealth he had in store.
He thought that the black people donot work hard.
He thought about the God all the time.
He thought about his family.
4. Why the second person didn't throw stick of wood in the fire to keep it burning ?
because he is suffering from fever at that time.
because he didn't want to save the man belonging to another religion
because he didn't want to save the poor man.
because he didn't have stick of wood.
5. Choose the figure of speech in this line
"Their logs held tight in death's still hands"
6. What did the black man's face reveal ?
7. Who is selfish and an opportunist by nature ?
8. According to the third person who is the idle person in the room ?
9. What does the dying fire need ?
It needs more wood to make others warmer.
It needs matchbox
It needs oil to make others warmer.
10. What meaning of the word 'cold within' in this poem ?
lack of human feelings
Old Man at the Bridge
An Angel in Disguise
Hearts and Hands
The Bangle Sellers
A Horse and Two Goats
The Cold Within
A Face In The Dark
Chief Seattle Speech
The Heart of the Tree
© 2022 LikhoPadho.com. All rights reserved